[Noisebridge-announce] February's Awesome Foundation SF grants earmarked for kids' projects

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Nov 15 19:29:08 UTC 2012

Calling all teachers, parents, educators, teenagers, and kids! The
Awesome Foundation grants $1000 to people with AWESOME projects every
month. We are proud to announce that for our February grant, we will
sponsor only projects submitted by kids! Submissions can come from
individuals or groups of people who are either under the age of 18 or in
high school. We will also consider applications submitted by educators
on behalf of a classroom-wide project.

We want to encourage youth to dream up an awesome idea and experience
the magic of bringing it to fruition.

What kind of project?  Well, the single most important guideline is that
the project is totally awesome. But, we also tend to favor projects that
spread awesomeness to a wide audience. We suggest that interested
applicants take a look at our website and browse through past winning
projects: http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/sf

Of course, anyone may submit an application at any time, but February’s
grant will only go to a kid’s project. Students should submit proposals
through our website between February 1st and February 28th.

http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/submissions/new

Please spread the word to anyone you know who works with kids, or may
just be interested!

Rachel McConnell
Microtrustee, San Francisco Chapter
Awesome Foundation