[Noisebridge-announce] EFF Pioneer awards on Sept 20th and an amorphous Tor event on September 22nd!

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sat Sep 15 08:08:01 UTC 2012

Two great things are happening next week - I encourage you to attend both.

The first is the EFF Pioneer awards. The Tor Project, along with Andrew
(bunnie) Huang and Jérémie Zimmermann have won this year. Huzzah!

If you're able, I encourage you to attend the awards/party and I hope
you'll support the EFF:

Thursday, September 20, 2012
@ Project One Gallery
251 Rhode Island Street San Francisco, CA 94103

More information here:
https://www.eff.org/awards/pioneer/

The second is that we're fortunate enough to have Nick Mathewson in San
Francisco for the EFF Pioneer awards. Nick Mathewson from the Tor
Project is still going to be in town next weekend. He is hosting a Tor
hacking session at Noisebridge on Saturday the 22nd of October from
12:00 to 18:00:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/TorHackingSaturday

If you're interested in anonymity - I highly suggest you take this
chance to come hack with one of the creators of Tor!

All the best,
Jake