[Noisebridge-announce] 3D Thursday - 08 08 13 Online printing and slicing, or how to build a botfarm

matthew bennett norcalbarney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 04:33:12 UTC 2013

This upcoming 3D Thursday is gonna be a good one.  I've been playing with
ways to control a 3D printer over the web, including online slicing. It's
gonna be a deathmatch between BotQueue and OctoPrint.  One uses Slic3r, the
other CuraEngine.  Both have streaming webcam support.  And both can
control your Reprap over the internet! I'll give a short talk on which is
more appropriate for what situations, with visuals (if there's enough
interest).

I've also got my newest Reprap finished, a Mendel 90.  It prints
beautifully, so come watch it in action.

3D Thursday is a regular meeting of 3D printing enthusiasts, CNC fanatics,
and general output nerds.  If you make bits into objects, or like to build
kinetic machines, you'll find something interesting at 3D Thursday.

We meet from 7pm - 10pm on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Thursday of every month,
and always at Noisebridge.