[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 12/10: Neo4j, Neography, and Rails

Gabe Kopley gabriel.kopley at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 02:04:55 UTC 2013

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm on December 10, 2013

Neo4j, Neography, and Rails

Simple graph database backend for Rails

We're going to build a fun and useful app that finds the shortest paths
between locations whose distances between are stored in the neo4j graph
database.

Neo4j is the database. Neography is a ruby-based wrapper for the neo4j HTTP
 API.

Before class please create new rails app and follow [Max's instructions](
http://maxdemarzi.com/2012/01/04/getting-started-with-ruby-and-neo4j/) to
install the neography gem and use neography to install neo4j. If you run
into problems, ask for help on our [Starmonkeys Google Group](
https://groups.google.com/group/starmonkeys).

I'll post a hangout link in the whiteboard at 7pm.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/neo4j-neography-and-rails
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org