[Noisebridge-announce] Reminder: Max/MSP tonight at 8pm in Church Classroom

Sam Tarakajian starakajian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:05:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Tonight at 8 I'll be leading a free introductory class on Max/MSP. To get the most out of the class you should definitely bring your own laptop, and I also strongly recommend downloading Max 6 from http://cycling74.com/products/max/.  There is a free 30 day trial, as well as a discounted extended trial for students.
I did say in the original course description that we would cover literally everything, including getting Max installed, but it could only speed things up to have it downloaded to begin with. And while the class starts at 8, it would be nice to show up a few minutes early, if only to have a few minutes to chat.

Also, if you have any audio, video or images that you want to play with, you should bring those with you as well. These don't have to be tasteful video clips of beautiful Australian birds dancing in their natural habitat either. Random Facebook schlok always makes good live processing fodder.

Max/MSP is a visual programming language for music and multimedia. The visual part means that instead of representing logic using text and grammar, Max uses blocks and connections. The multimedia part means that Max is especially well suited for working with audio, video and data streams, making it perfect for reactive installations, algorithmic art and all kinds of other stuff.

cycling74.com/whatismax/

Hope to see you there,
-Sam