[Noisebridge-announce] Geeks & Depression meetup Tues, 26-Feb

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:27:19 UTC 2013

Hey Folks,

It's been quite awhile, and many people have asked me to organize another
Geeks & Depression meetup.

So, we're having another Geeks & Depression meetup,
the last Tuesday of this month:

When:  Tuesday, Feb 26th, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Where: No Starch Press 38 Ringold Street San Francisco, CA 94103
       map: http://g.co/maps/bt7gw
Who:   Please join us. All are welcome.

More info:

Share or listen. You are not alone.

This is a meetup where geeks can talk about depression and suicide. You are not alone. Share your story, if you like. Share a friend's story. Or just hang out and listen. By creating a safe space to talk about these things we can feel less alone with our feelings of being alone and depressed or suicidal.

This is not a support group -- none of us are trained professionals, but we can get together in a safe, confidential space to talk about depression and suicide -- an important part of life for so many of us geeks.

If you are not near San Francisco, please feel free to start a Geeks & Depression meetup in your home town.

Mitch.