[Noisebridge-announce] New Round of Python Classes Starting THIS Wednesday, 7PM

Elizabeth Leddy camembert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:10:44 UTC 2013

Hey Ho Hackers -

The Python Class is restarting at square one THIS Wednesday (Jan 9) at 7PM in the back classroom.

7-8pm will be the beginning class taught by the one and only Kellan. He will be stepping through Learn Python the Hard Way week by week until you are all proficient in the basics of Python - OR - we run out of chapters, whichever comes first. If you are on the fence, just show up - you won't be disappointed! True beginners welcome/encouraged.

>From 8-9ish (often longer) I will be hosting advanced topics around Python Web Development. Tomorrows topic will start a couple weeks on SQLAlchemy and database interactions. You MUST be comfortable with Python already. I will be stricter than I have been in the past on requiring a basic level of python knowledge for the benefit of the people who just spent 4 months learning and need to move forward. If you aren't sure, just show up and talk to us. In addition, we will be coordinating weekend code dojos for those looking to contribute to open source and/or prepare for Pycon 2013, which is in Santa Clara this year.

Hope to see you all there!

Liz & Kellan