[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 1/29: Popular Alternative Rails Configurations

Gabe Kopley gabe at railsschool.org
Thu Jan 24 00:07:08 UTC 2013

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm on January 29, 2013

Popular Alternative Rails Configurations

What the rest of us use: Haml, Postgres, Rspec, and Plain Old Ruby Objects

The Rails default stack is generally sound, but some of its choices are  controversial.  Let's look at what Steve Klabnik calls the "Prime stack," the Rails stack preferred by many developers who are not DHH.

Please read Steve's post [Rails has Two Default Stacks](http://words.steveklabnik.com/rails-has-two-default-stacks) for background.

We will play with Haml, Postgres (on Heroku), Rspec, and Plain Old Ruby Objects aka POROs (which may constitute a service layer).

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/popular-alternative-rails-configurations
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org