[Noisebridge-announce] Five Minutes of Fame is next week! Would you like to speak at it? (Rhetorical: Answer is Yes)

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Fri Jul 12 05:46:04 UTC 2013

Hello, I am collecting human specimens to exhibit at a thing we aliens
to call "Five Minutes of Fame", or in your native planet's primitive
sound language, "That thing at Noisebridge on the Third Thursday of
the Month where people stand up and talk to a lovely audience about
their current projects, rants, or terrifying post-mortems".

This month (ie next week), I have games neurology (natch), how badly
the network stack is broken (natch), and landscape design (yeah got
you with that one). But I want more! Much more!

Email me your deepest obsessions and I will let you talk about them
for 300 of your earth seconds. It is always fun, and is less like
public speaking and more like being the person everyone suddenly
thinks is the coolest at a party. And not one of your earth parties,
either. One of the proper n-dimensional ones we have. You're invited!

That is all,

d.
PS Wait that is not all! For a near future Noisebridge I am planning a
themed event, called 5MOF IS HARDCORE, in which we delve into hard
math, hard physics, hard science fiction, and hard jokes. And possibly
hardware, but it is has to be really *hard* hardware. Like a cathedral
you designed or your own heart you replaced. Send me your cited papers
now! We will get this done!