[Noisebridge-announce] HackerSpaceInABox.cc - 2-hour-workshops for 12-year old kids at Noisebridge 3.30 pm this wednesday & 1.30 pm this friday

Sparkling Science carl at sparklingscience.com
Sun Mar 3 01:37:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on a project called HackerSpaceInABox - Every school a hackerspace. HSIAB It's an inspirational platform for middle & high school teachers to replicate and document the workshops that we've conducted at our 2 partner schools in Sweden, based on our black conductive boxes.

Mitch has been so kind as to let us use Noisebridge for 2 hours each on wednesday & friday to conduct similar workshops like those we've done in Sweden. During each workshop we will be 3 adults and 12 kids. Mitch will participate on friday but on wednesday we need someone that knows his/her way around the hackerspace to welcome us.

I'm very excited about this as Justin will also be filming the workshops, video material that we will use to get funding to initiate projects with kids in 5 different countries (Columbia, Sweden, the U.S., Burkina Faso & Australia).

I really hope that this doesn't cause any trouble, announcing it on such short notice!

All the best,
Carl

--
CEO & Founder