[Noisebridge-announce] Meet PyPy guys (Armin Rigo and Maciej Fijalkowski) this Tuesday at 6pm (3/12/2013)
pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 23:23:02 UTC 2013
Armin Rigo and Maciej Fijalowski will be in town for PyCon next week,
and they've agreed to hang out at Noisebridge for an open discussion
about their badass alternative implentation of Python called PyPy.
Tuesday @ 6pm
Location within NB to be determined. Check the whiteboard at the
front of Noisebridge when you walk in.
PyPy is a fast, compliant alternative implementation of the Python
language (2.7.2). It has several advantages and distinct features:
* Speed: thanks to its Just-in-Time compiler, Python programs often
run faster on PyPy. (What is a JIT compiler?)
* Memory usage: large, memory-hungry Python programs might end up
taking less space than they do in CPython.
* Compatibility: PyPy is highly compatible with existing python code.
It supports ctypes and can run popular python libraries like twisted
* Sandboxing: PyPy provides the ability to run untrusted code in a
fully secure way.
* Stackless: PyPy comes by default with support for stackless mode,
providing micro-threads for massive concurrency.
You can read more at http://pypy.org
Naomi Theora Most
naomi at nthmost.com
More information about the Noisebridge-announce