[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 5/28: Hands-on debugging with Pry

Gabe Kopley gabe at railsschool.org
Thu May 23 17:34:54 UTC 2013

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm on May 28, 2013

Hands-on debugging with Pry

We'll use Pry to find and fix some sample bugs in a simple application. We'll discuss a few general tips for debugging and demonstrate how Pry makes everything easier.

[Pry](http://pryrepl.org/) is a powerful ruby console that grew from an irb alternative into a fully fledged debugger.

We'll cover the basics of debugging using pry, and a few of its plugins.

Before class, please run

```
$ gem install pry-plus --no-ri --no-rdoc
```

which should give you a fully fledged pry debugger.

This workshop will be led by guest teacher [Conrad Irwin](https://github.com/ConradIrwin), a maintainer of pry.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/hands-on-debugging-with-pry
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,