[Noisebridge-announce] Techno-Activism 3rd Mondays, San Francisco, 6PM Mon Oct 21, EFF HQ - 815 Eddy St

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Oct 21 03:00:58 UTC 2013

> TECHNO-ACTIVISM 3RD MONDAYS SAN FRANCISCO, THIS MONDAY AT EFF AT 6PM
>>                      TREVOR TIMM // SECUREDROP

Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) is an informal meetup designed to
connect software creators and activists who are interested in
censorship, surveillance, and open technology. Currently, TA3M are held
in 9 cities throughout the world, with many more launching in the near
the future.

This week's San Francisco event is hosted by EFF. As well as a chance to
meet and gossip with your peers, the Freedom of the Press Foundation
director Trevor Timm will be talking about the design and future of
SecureDrop, the anonymous whistleblowing platform originally written by
Aaron Swartz and used by the New Yorker among others.

A map of 815 Eddy: http://www.openstreetmap.org/go/TZHvUrLDP

More on TA3M: https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays

More on SecureDrop: https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/securedrop

We'll be on the third floor of EFF -- call +1 408 480 3412 if you have
problems getting in!