[Noisebridge-announce] Fwd: 3D Thursday is tonight! 7 - 10 pm at Noisebridge

matthew bennett norcalbarney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 17:58:39 UTC 2013

Hello, all.

It's time to get 3D Thursday revving up again.  I've been traveling a
bunch, so it's been hit or miss for about the last month.  Adam has agreed
to help run the meetings when I'm gone, so that's rad.  If anyone else
would like to help coordinate, I'm all ears.

Adam is interested in helping get users up to speed on the 3D printers, the
laser cutter and the vinyl cutter, so we'll have more FabLab activity going
on.  I'm all for training, as I'd like to see more people interested in
keeping the machines functional.

In big news, we've gotten the Reprap Prusa "George" running and
calibrated.  It's still a bit touchy, it doesn't always Z properly, and the
electronic are hanging out like zombie intestines, but it works.  The
current plan is to get all reprappy and print it's own upgrade parts to
rebuild it into a mendel90.  The X axis is already done!  The mendel 90 can
print faster and bigger, and will have web based slicing and control with a
RaspPi.

Come check out 3D Thursday tonight!  Bring a friend, bring a printer, bring
your prints, BYOB.

-matthew-