[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 12/23: Publishing Fancy Static Websites

Gabe Kopley gabe at railsschool.org
Wed Dec 17 18:34:53 UTC 2014

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on December 23, 2014

Publishing Fancy Static Websites

We will create a fancy website with Middleman and deploy it to GitHub pages

[Middleman](http://middlemanapp.com/) makes it easy to develop and compile static sites with Haml, Sass, and CoffeeScript.

We love Rails, but let's face it, it's complete overkill for static sites.  Middleman is a standalone gem that provides all our favorite Rails features for writing markup and scripts and packaging assets.

[GitHub Pages](https://pages.github.com/) is a free and modern static hosting service that supports HTTPS and custom domain names.

Before class, please review the [Middleman Getting Started Guide](http://middlemanapp.com/getting-started/), [create a GitHub account](https://github.com/join), and [configure your Git with GitHub](https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git/).

I'll post a hangout link in the whiteboard at 7pm.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/publishing-fancy-static-websites
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org