[Noisebridge-announce] Lab: Front-end Web Development, Thursday 8pm

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:34:40 UTC 2014

On Monday, we flew head-first into AJAX. I admit, this was a pretty
difficult class! Using jQuery to send AJAX requests demands a good handle
of HTTP, FTP, jQuery's syntax, handling functions properly, and a lot more.
So thanks to those who stuck through it. Lecture video and materials are
available for your perusal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmwfupfKztk
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class12/lecture.zip
(For the lecture materials, I fixed the issue with new tweets not display
the message received, and made it so new tweets have functional
retweet/favorite buttons.)

Thursday's lab is a simple AJAX exercise:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class12/assignment.html

The lab is a great opportunity to work on the assignment, any other
personal or group project, or ask questions about any aspect of web
development. You don't need to attend the lecture series to stop by.

It's in Turing (not the lecture classroom) on Thursday at 8pm. Hope to see
you there!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development#Lab

Jeffrey