[Noisebridge-announce] Front-end Web Development, Monday 8pm: Sign-up forms

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 00:46:23 UTC 2014

On Monday, we'll continue working on our site (
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class13/lecture.zip) and add
a sign-up form, with validation, inside the modal. We'll learn about
built-in HTML5 validation, but also use the jQuery Validation plugin (
http://jqueryvalidation.org/) to help us where browser support is necessary.

If you can't make it to next week's lecture, you can watch a live video
stream of the class. Join this Google+ Event to be notified of when to hop
on (you don't have to be a Google+ member):
https://plus.google.com/events/c2198v0a1561uigs1tl7ksmqu0s
This video stream will also be available to watch after the class is
complete.

--- The usual details follow ---

Learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript - and put them to good use! This weekly
lecture series, taught by Jeffrey Carl Faden, is aimed at complete
beginners who are interested in making websites, as well as seasoned
professionals looking to brush up on the latest and greatest.

Front-end web development is all about making code that runs in the browser
(versus code that runs on the server). There isn't a big focus on web
design (creating wireframes and mockups), but we do cover best practices
for turning these designs into beautiful code.

The class starts on Monday at 8pm, and goes until 10pm! Plan to arrive
EARLY, as the class has been filling up very fast. We will have a recap of
last week's material starting at 7:30pm. If you're either new, couldn't
make last week's class or you simply need a refresher, come early and we'll
go through a simple tutorial.

This class does go in a series, but the series can last up to half a year.
Don't let it discourage you if you're starting from the middle - attend
recaps and labs and you should be able to catch up!

This class and the space in which it's taught are entirely free to attend.
Please bring a laptop. Read all of the details here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development

Jeffrey