[Noisebridge-announce] Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes

Madelynn Martiniere mmartiniere at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:19:10 UTC 2014

Hello Noisebridge,

As many of you may know, as of March 4th, 2014 a new board of directors
was elected to Noisebridge. On March 12th, we had our first meeting, and
the minutes are available on the wiki:
_https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Board/Meeting_minutes_2014-03-12_

As of this afternoon, the board has agreed upon several changes to the
membership
(https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/membership.md)
and consensus
(https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/blob/master/consensus.md)
process.

These changes are now available under
_https://github.com/noisebridge/bureaucracy/_ and are effective
immediately.

The first Membership Meeting is next Tuesday, April 1st at 7pm (next
week). As it currently stands, all Council Members in good standing are
now automatically considered consensus-eligible members for proposals
brought to next week's meeting.

If you were formally a member (formally formally known as Associate
member), you are eligible to become a Member at April 1st's meeting.
Your sponsors carry over, and your wiki page serves as your application.
Membership dues will not begin until April, and more information
regarding that process will be posted later.

I encourage people to attend the general meeting this evening for
discussion of upcoming events, exciting projects happening at
Noisebridge, and discussion of proposals and working groups for the
upcoming Membership Meeting. Several members of the board will be there
to answer questions.