[Noisebridge-announce] It's Techno Activism Third Monday, next Monday, May 19th at EFF HQ, 6PM

Danny O'Brien danny at eff.org
Thu May 15 04:53:01 UTC 2014

https://kittens.eff.org/event/techno-activism-third-mondays-may

June 5th, 2013 was the day that began the Year of Edward Snowden. On the
anniversary of the release of the first NSA documents, we'll be taking a
look at what we've learned, and what we still don't know – with an
emphasis on teaching others how to protect themselves.

After the latest revelations showed that Snowden tried to teach Glenn
Greenwald how to use PGP by video[1], and that Greenwald used Cryptocat
in Hong Kong, we'll be echoing Matt Green's question: “So has Snowden
succeeded? Have developers 'created better encryption' since his
leaks?”[2]

Join EFF's Eva Galperin for a discussion of what we've learned in
usability, popularity, and opsec. Discussion, networking, snacks and
cool iced drinks at EFF.

[1] http://vimeo.com/56881481 (with cameo EFF appearence at 11:20)
[2] https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/466631965513637889
[3] https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/466567760504705024

Time: 6:00pm
Location: EFF offices, 815 Eddy Street, San Francisco (we'll wait at the front door until 6:15; after that, ring ext. 118)

Want to receive these TA3M-SF updates regularly? Mail subscribe to ta3m-sf at eff.org