[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 10/28: Ruby vs. Python

neeharika bhartiya neeharika.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:43:11 UTC 2014

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on October 28, 2014

Ruby vs. Python

Learn how Python works and how it's different from Ruby!

We're going to write a short script in each ruby and python and see how the syntax and class structures differ from one another!

Students should have ruby installed on their computer as well as python. So we're all on the same page on the version of python, lets all do python 2.7 (standard if you do brew install python) [http://hackercodex.com/guide/python-development-environment-on-mac-osx/] (http://hackercodex.com/guide/python-development-environment-on-mac-osx/)

**Note that the Python that comes built in with the Mac is NOT sufficient, you should download python with brew and then update your bash profile.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/ruby-vs-python
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org