[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 9/1: Securing a Ruby on Rails application

Brad brad at railsschool.org
Wed Aug 26 23:42:36 UTC 2015

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on September  1, 2015

Securing a Ruby on Rails application

We'll learn about some common security vulnerabilities in Rails applications, and how to prevent them.

We'll learn about sql injection, cross site request forgery, mass assignment, and probably some other common issues depending on student interest. This class is appropriate for all skill levels. While we will use Ruby on Rails to demonstrate problems and discuss Rails-specific solutions, the problems we will look at are general to web applications.  So, no Ruby or Rails knowledge is strictly required.

Before class, please check out the [Rails Security Guide](http://guides.rubyonrails.org/security.html).

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/rails_security
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,