[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 3/3: Windows PowerShell

Gabe Kopley gabe at railsschool.org
Wed Feb 25 17:02:39 UTC 2015

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on March  3, 2015

Windows PowerShell

Find out was you are missing out on from Windows' powerful command line interface

Get a quick and practical introduction to the awesome Windows shell. Manage your PC or program .NET at the command line.

June Blender, former programming writer on the PowerShell product team, will teach the basics and answer questions from beginner to expert level + Q/A.

--------------------

This talk is really interactive, so you'll need a machine that can run Windows PowerShell 3.0 or later.

If you run Mac or Linux, you can play with Windows PowerShell in one of [Microsoft's free Modern.IE virtual machines](https://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools#downloads). We recommend Windows 8.1.

To find the version of Windows PowerShell, in a Windows PowerShell console, type:

```
    $PSVersionTable.psversion.major
```

The return value should be >= 3.