[Noisebridge-announce] Lab: Front-end Web Development, Thursday 8pm

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:37:31 UTC 2015

On Monday, we started working on our corporate-looking site, based off of a
mockup. Here's the results so far:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series7/class5/lecture.zip

Apologies to those who tried to tune in online. Google+ Hangouts
disconnected near the beginning of the lecture and wouldn't get back
online. Fortunately, the class I taught in the previous series covers
almost exactly the same stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OralfEawmM4

This weeks assignment is an exercise in using background images. One thing
I didn't go over in the class is that you can specify background position
both horizontally and vertically (respectively), e.g. "background:
url('...') 50% 25px no-repeat" for a background image that appears in the
horizontal center, but 25px from the top.
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class5/assignment.html
Please read the notes carefully!

The lab is a great opportunity to work on the assignment, any other
personal or group project, or ask questions about any aspect of web
development. You don't need to attend the lecture series to stop by.

It's in Turing (not the lecture classroom) on Thursday at 8pm. Hope to see
you there!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development#Lab

Jeffrey