[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebroke: Noisebridge needs your help paying rent past March!

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Wed Jan 14 08:00:34 UTC 2015

Hey all,

tl;dr Noisebridge needs your help to keep the lights on! See bottom of
email for links to help donate and keep us alive! Go to
https://noisebridge.net/Donate !!

Detailed email for those willing to scroll:

Your favourite anarchist hackerspace in the heart of the Mission needs
your help! Noisebridge's cash reserves dipped below the 3 month mark at
the end of December. This means that we have about ~2ish months left of
runway in the bank. AS IT STANDS NOISEBRIDGE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY
TO GET THROUGH MARCH!

THE STATE OF NOISEBRIDGE FINANCES

Noisebridge has monthly outgoings in the order of $4,800. That's rent,
PGE, water, trash, Monkeybrains and Sonic and other miscellaneous
things.

Our recurring PayPal income is approximately $1,800/month, with less
reliable sporadic checks from employer donation matching.

We need a mix of
  a) lump sum cash donations to extend runway near-term
  b) increased recurring donations to keep us afloat {medium,long}-term

BUT WASN'T THERE A FUNDRAISER RECENTLY FOR THE REBOOT?

I'm glad you asked. We raised just over $27k to put towards the
Reboot work and bring Noisebridge back up to following inspection by the
city of San Francisco.

It turns out this was **expensive** and we needed all of it make
Noisebridge compliant. If you've been at the space since November it's
an incredible improvement.

CALL TO ACTION!

Let's put Noisebridge back in the black. With that in mind I'm setting a
target of $5,000 in new *recurring donations* for February 14th 2015.

This would put is way into the black and give us the ability to grow a
serious rainy day fund.

**WE CAN ABSOLUTELY DO THIS**

Tell your friends, your family, the Internet! Send word via your Tweetmachines,
share on Bookface! Let's tap the vast wealth of Noisebridge goodwill
around the world.

https://noisebridge.net/Donate

I'll post to -discuss to update on how we're doing and will continue to
poke you all via emails until we're saved!

For those of you already donating please ask your employer if they'll
match your donations to Noisebridge. Need paperwork? Email
treasurer at noisebridge.net and I'll sort it out.

Want to donate but don't want to use PayPal? Email
treasurer at noisebridge.net and *we will figure it out*. We have Square,
BTC via Coinbase, checks, cash, Dwolla.