[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 1/20: Rapid Prototyping with Rails Generators

Dennis Woo dennis at railsschool.org
Fri Jan 16 16:55:33 UTC 2015

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on January 20, 2015

Rapid Prototyping with Rails Generators

Let's construct a facebook-like newsfeed using generators, gems, and model associations.

Based on feedback from some students, in this class we're going to put together a lot of things we learned to construct a rapid prototype of a facebook newsfeed clone. As we'll see, rails generators are an extremely powerful tool to try out app concepts quickly.  We'll touch on how to put together a live mockup or to get to "hackathon level" velocity. Let's give a run through to see how that would be done.  This preso is based on a quora posting I read: http://vysakh.quora.com/Making-a-Facebook-clone-using-Rails-in-minimum-time

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/rails-rapid-prototyping-with-generators
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org