[Noisebridge-announce] With ( software ) art(); 1st meeting Wednesday June 3 at Noisebridge

Jeffrey Greenberg jeffg at inventivity.com
Mon Jun 1 00:05:30 UTC 2015

This Wednesday June 3 the first meetup of ‘with ( software ) art():’ is
happening at Noisebridge and I’m inviting you to participate.  (
http://www.meetup.com/with-software-art )  Church Room, 7:30pm.

Having for years run a situation in NYC for artists to present performance
art and other ‘advanced art’, I’m looking to fill a gap in SF culture for
artists who are working with writing software to make expressive and
singular art works. If you make such work or want some support in doing so,
this meetup is for you.  Noisebridge is a great place for this since it’s
about making and is open to a diverse set of attitudes about work, self,
and community.

So, if you are such an artist/technologist, or know of folks who make or
want to make a new level of such work, and looking for art that is more
than eye candy, and who can take personal expressive and creative risks I
would love to have you participate in discussion and present your work.

I’m hoping to meet folk who are relatively sophisticated in both art and
technology.

The format is that one or more people present or make available their work
and we offer our (constructive) engagement with it when we meet.   The work
is likely to be a work in progress or a ‘finished’ work. I moderate this
discussion and gathering.

Other than the work itself, we will also talk about what people need to get
work done: e.g. collaborators, skill, technologies, platforms etc.  After
all, making this stuff is hard for a single person.

To be clearer, I’m looking for work that involves programming and/or custom
hardware, not just using say Photoshop, or some commercial package.  Write
code for your expressive needs.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Jeffrey Greenberg

jeffg at inventivity.com