[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 11/24: Learn about Rack!

Brad brad at railsschool.org
Thu Nov 19 00:36:09 UTC 2015

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on November 24, 2015

Learn about Rack!

We'll learn about that mysterious thing called Rack, and why it's important for Rails

Rack is a Ruby interface for web servers. Rails uses it, along with lots of other web frameworks, applications, and servers.

Knowing how Rack works is really useful for Rails programmers. First, you get to see some neat patterns and simple object-oriented problem solving. Second, you can use Rack to do all kinds of interesting things.

In this class we'll learn what Rack is, how to make simple Rack apps, and how to make new Rack middleware to use in a Rails application.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/rack
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org