[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge Lit Crawl event - This Saturday Evening - October 17, 2015, 7:15-8:15pm

jarrod hicks hicksu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:43:00 UTC 2015

Noisebridge is a Phase 2 venue during Lit Crawl this weekend. October
17, 2015, 7:15-8:15pm You are invited!

The San Francisco Lit Crawl consists of dozens of literary events that
occur on the same night in the Mission district. It's like a pub
crawl, but instead, has hundreds of people who are part of Litquake
going from reading to reading. More info:
http://www.litquake.org/event-series/lit-crawl-san-francisco

We are hosting - Pochino Press: (Re) Emergence: Perspectives on Asian America
Readings will explore the fluidity of identity from Asian-American
perspectives, drawing upon roots as diverse as Iran and Taiwan.
See http://www.litquake.org/events/pochino-press-re-emergence-perspective-asian-america

The readers for this event will be:

Eileen Kaur Alden
Super Sikh Co-Creator/Comic Book Writer/First known person to become
Sikh as a result of doing extensive research for a comic book.

Anhvu Buchanan
Anhvu Buchanan is the author of The Disordered and Backhanded
Compliments & Other Ways to Say I Love You. He has a MFA in Creative
Writing from San Francisco State University. He teaches at The
Berkeley School.

Amol Ray
The son of Indian immigrants, Amol’s work examines how narrative,
identity, and context are used to create meaning and exert control. He
is an alum of the VONA workshop and the Mills College MFA program.

Maryam Roberts
Maryam Roberts brings her storytelling skills to all her creative
endeavors, including writing, photography, digital presentation, and
consulting on leadership and company culture.

Daniel Zarazua
Daniel's current project is exploring Black and Latino communities in
Taiwan drawing upon a background that includes DJing, photography, and
as a high school teacher.

Cheers!

---

(I will be cleaning the space up in the morning from about 10:00 -
12:00 and then beginning setup about 1 hour before the event in the
Hackitorium. If anyone wants to help with that as well.)