[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 10/20: Basic Text Analysis Concepts, using Ruby

Sameer Siruguri sameer at railsschool.org
Fri Oct 16 11:29:32 UTC 2015

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on October 20, 2015

Basic Text Analysis Concepts, using Ruby

How to make an Auto Tagger! This is a beginners' level introduction to some elementary terminology and concepts used in text analysis and mining.

We will use Ruby to understand some basic ideas behind how textual documents are parsed and analyzed  to do things like auto-tagging, document categorization, and document similarity matching.

This class will assume knowledge of Ruby basics - methods, arrays and hashes, regular expressions, writing simple classes, and reading files. It will not require any prior knowledge of statistics or text mining.

The code for this class is in the `text_statistics` folder of [this Github repo](https://github.com/siruguri/miscellaneous-scripts)

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/beginning-text-analysis-ruby-oct-20
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,