[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 5/3: Intro to Meteor

Donald dna at coshx.com
Thu Apr 28 00:12:24 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on May  3, 2016

Intro to Meteor

Learn to build powerful apps with Meteor

Meteor is a full stack JavaScript web framework built on Node; it allows us to run the same code on not just the client and server but also on mobile. Meteor is great for real-time apps with data synchronization across multiple clients handled for us.

Meteor 1.3 was released about a month ago with a lot of significant new features including support for ES2015 modules, built-in application testing, and better integration with Node and npm.

In this lesson, we'll build out an application using the new recommended structure to take advantage of the new features of Meteor 1.3. We'll also cover the main concepts and aspects of the Meteor platform and how they interact to help us produce powerful apps quickly.

If you want to follow along, please ensure you [install Meteor](https://www.meteor.com/install) before class. We'll be using some ES6 syntax (definitely _import_/_export_), so in lieu of a codewars challenge, you may review some [ES6 syntax](https://github.com/lukehoban/es6features#readme).

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/intro-to-meteor
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org