[Noisebridge-announce] Learn Windows+laptop repair TODAY at 6pm @ NB (fixing laptops for non-profit donation)

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:49:33 UTC 2016

Hey NB-ers,

  A little last minute notice, but today a couple NB peeps and I are fixing a bunch of older windows laptops to donate to a non-profit in the bay.  It's a GREAT opportunity to learn how to do some basic laptop repairs and Windows installs.  I can go over the following while we work:

*Installing Windows 7 and Optimizing it to run on slower /older machines.  You'd be amazed how fast your old rig can run when tuned up right.

*Installing / upgrading RAM.  Different RAM types and speeds overview

*Hinge repair - The dreaded fate of so many old machines.  It is very fixable though!

*Installing Legacy software - tips and tricks for getting the most out of an outdated machine.

There should be extra time too when I can diagnose and help with any laptops people bring in.  I will ask that you help install drivers though! [&#X1f609]

Best,

Zach