[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 3/8: Object Oriented Design (with Ruby)

Donald dna at coshx.com
Thu Mar 3 19:05:48 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on March  8, 2016

Object Oriented Design (with Ruby)

Learn how to improve the design of object oriented applications and create applications that are easy to change and fun to work with over time.

Dependency management, dependency injection, dependency inversion, interfaces, coupling/cohesion, Demeter, and SOLID are some of the terms associated with Object Oriented Design (OOD). What do they mean, and how can we use them to improve the design of our application?

In this class we'll go over these terms as well as some of the trade offs to consider when trying to apply them during the design process. The class will be guided by the wonderful book [Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer](http://www.poodr.com) by [Sandi Metz](http://www.sandimetz.com).

We'll have a conversation about OOD with Ruby, using some examples to show how to improve design. If you are unfamiliar or not very experienced with OOD, come learn about it; if you are experienced with OOD, come join our conversation and help fellow students (and probably the teacher), and maybe learn a thing or two yourself.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/object-oriented-design-with-ruby
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org