[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 5/24: Intro to React and Redux

Brad brad at railsschool.org
Thu May 19 02:26:03 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on May 24, 2016

Intro to React and Redux

A walk through of how to use Redux and React to build JavaScript-based web applications

React is a great library, but it's really only for handling the view layer. To build full-fledged JavaScript web applications we need to add some stuff to React. Redux is one way to get the functionality you need to build a robust web application using React.

This class will be a walkthrough of an existing, open-source React and Redux application. We will focus on the core concepts necessary to start using React and Redux, and hopefully students will leave class with a knowledge of how to use these tools together. As an added benefit, we'll be using Phoenix's build pipeline, which is based on Brunch.js. Also, we'll be using ES6.

I will post a Google Hangout on the whiteboard before class.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/intro-to-react-and-redux
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org