[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 5/17: Gem Building - Professionalizing Your Ruby Code

Rob M it at excelsiorcarpetone.com
Wed May 11 19:13:16 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on May 17, 2016

Gem Building - Professionalizing Your Ruby Code

In this workshop style lesson, I'll walk you through my gem building workflow.

Package management in general is an extremely valuable feature enabling software engineers the benefits of code re-usability, dependency tracking, locking down versions, and very snappy no-fuss deploys.

Join me as I walk through the process of extracting functionality out of a large ruby app, tucking the important functionality into it's own gem.  Not only will this make my code more accessible in future projects, but it will also shrink down the size of my larger project.

Class Pre-requisits:

- Basic understanding of ruby methods
- Basic understanding of git

Development Environment Requirements: