[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 5/31: Intro to Rails 5 Action Cable

Luke Evans luevans248 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 04:33:38 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on May 31, 2016

Intro to Rails 5 Action Cable

A code along tutorial on how to get a basic Action Cable set up in a Rails 5 app.

Although Rails 5 is still in beta, it is never too early to start experimenting with the new features.  Action Cable is one of the most anticipated new features that will be available in Rails 5 and it is the solution that will allow developers to easily integrate WebSockets with the rest of their Rails application.

This class will be a code along tutorial on getting a very basic Action Cable setup.  We will start with a brief discussion on WebSockets and then we will start coding.  Please have Ruby 2.2.2+ and Rails 5.0.0rc1 installed prior to class if you plan on following along.  [Rbenv](https://github.com/rbenv/rbenv) can be used to install a later version of ruby if necessary and the command ```gem install rails --pre``` will install Rails 5.0.0rc1.

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/intro-to-rails-5-actioncable
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org