[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 10/18: Docker and Docker Compose on AWS EC2

Luke Evans luevans248 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:34:34 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on October 18, 2016

Docker and Docker Compose on AWS EC2

This class will go through creating an EC2 instance, installing Docker and Docker Compose, and deploying a Rails application that has already been configured to work with Docker in development.

This class will go through creating an EC2 instance, installing Docker and Docker Compose, and deploying a Rails application that has already been configured to work with Docker in development.

This class will assume no previous knowledge of AWS and will go through all the steps required to get an EC2 instance up and running.

Next we will go through the steps involved in installing both Docker and Docker Compose on our newly created EC2 instance.

After that we will manually deploy our rails application and get it working in production.

We can discuss automating the deployment if there is additional time; if there is no time but interest, there will be a follow up class held at a later date.

Instead of a coding challenge, please [create a free AWS account here](https://aws.amazon.com/).

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/docker-and-docker-compose-on-aws-ec2
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,