[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition and Ball - 2017 September 9-10 - Announcement and call for participation

jarrod hicks hicksu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:19:55 UTC 2017

Hello Hackers!

Noisebridge has existed as a community of hackers for 10 years and has
been providing cyber infrastructure for 9 years! Noisebridge has had
an impact on countless hackers and has served as an inspiration, and
sometimes warning, to other hackerspaces around the world. It is a
good time to see what we’ve accomplished during this time and analyze
what we’ve learned from this experiment.

To do this, during the weekend of SEPTEMBER 9-10 we will be hosting
our NOISEBRIDGE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EXHIBITION and BALL, and you are
encouraged to participate!

Over the last 10 years, we’ve created and built countless things and
no doubt each of us has learned a great deal. Let us spend a weekend
reviewing our history, thinking about the future, sharing our projects
and our knowledge, teaching each other new things, and having a ball
to celebrate.

Please bring your ideas, your knowledge, your projects, and your
experiences. If you have built or learned something at Noisebridge, or
any local hackerspace, please take this opportunity to share it with
us all.

Noisebridge will be setup to display projects, host presentations,
classes, workshops, discussions, and various other events and
activities people would like to share. We’ll be setting up the space
and event schedule, based on what people want to bring and present, so
please help create and shape this Exhibition. Please let everyone know
what you would like to bring, or do, or help with, or get help doing,
by adding to the Exhibition’s wiki page:

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge_10_Year_Anniversary_Exhibition_and_Ball

I’ll bring the Exhibition up for discussion during / after tomorrow
night's meeting. If you are interested in this event, please come and
share your thoughts and ideas at this meeting, and/or please email
noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net and start a conversation
there too.

Also, I am do-ocractically acting as a point of contact for the event
scheduling and logistics, so feel free to email me directly if you
have questions or any project you would like to set up for the
Exhibition that is particularly involved.