[Noisebridge-announce] Invitation to have drinks with Dallas Makerspace

J tman66 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 19:22:27 UTC 2017

Howdy –

I’m Nicole Franczvai from Dallas Makerspace (www.dallasmakerspace.org)
seven of “us” are going to go to the Bay area makerfaire. We thought it
would be fun to try to get a group of makerspaces together at a bar for
good times. I spent a few minutes on yelp and found a bar that I think will
hold us (but realize it might change) So I’m/we are inviting you – well
whoever is going to be at makerfaire – to come out and enjoy a night. We
are sending out notes to every makerspace we know that will be in
attendance. We figure a few people will show and we can swap stories over
some beers. The plan is to meet on Saturday night May 20th around 9/9:30p
at a bar called Grape & Grain If lots of people say they are going to come
we might look at alternate places but for now – were starting with an easy
option.  The address of 227 S San Mateo Dr, San Mateo, CA 94401-4037,
United States As much as we love you you’re paying for your own drinks
(felt I should mention that because you never know what people assume). If
you can come email me with the number in your party  uglyknees at me.com -
that way I can keep a count of people and if we need to find a bigger place
we can. If you’re a local please feel free to suggest a place as well
(large space, not douche, good for conversations and shenanigans) . I wrote
this quickly and it’s going out to a number of people – please excuse any
errors and don’t judge me on my comma usage. If you are going please
respond I have started a Facebook event to help us keep the number
organized and have one way of getting info out if the bar changes. We are
also looking at organizing an easy cheesy t-shirt exchange if you have the
ability to bring them – swap them with other hacker/makerspaces and walk
away with a new wardrobe (that’s on the Facebook event as well).

Nicole Franczvai

Former Chair of Creative Arts stepped down to make some stuff (but still
overly involved)

(This message has been forwarded by J)