[Noisebridge-announce] FOIA Night @ Noisebridge: Thursday October 5th 7pm

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Thu Sep 28 19:44:45 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

Next Thursday October 5th we're hosting a small FOIA introduction
workshop in the hackitorium aimed at helping people become familiar with
FOIA, how it works, and all the interesting things they can find out
with it!

We'll run through a small history of FOIA, some California and San
Francisco specifics that people should know, how it works in practice,
and also how to use like MuckRock[0] and SunshineSF[1] to search for
existing requests and file your own. Participants should ideally bring a
laptop to aid them filling out their own requests.

There is only one rule at FOIA night: you can't leave without filing
your first FOIA request!

If you're a FOIA fan and wish to attend/help or even give a small talk
on your past FOIA adventures please do reach out to me off the list :)

Looking forward to seeing people there!

cheers,

[0] - https://muckrock.com
[1] - https://sunshinesf.org