[Noisebridge-announce] New Creatures/Red Bull Hackathon/Buildathon June 28-July 1

Chris Beacham mcscope at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:40:14 UTC 2018

Noisebridge, Kate from New Creatures invites us to come to their Red Bull
Creation hackathon.  She just sent me this summary of it!

```

The 6th edition of Red Bull Creation is happening in Oakland, CA, June 28 -
July 1. This 72-hour innovation competition will challenge the Bay Area's
makers, hackers, and inventors to create something new based on a given
topic.

The ideal Red Bull Creation participant:
Is a passionate "maker" who likes to get their hands dirty.
May be specialized in certain areas, but it's not mandatory.
Really loves experimenting and collaborating with a diverse group (this one
is really important this year).
Is 18 or older
Is enthusiastic about the project and available June 28 - July 1
Historically this has been a team-based event where different maker spaces
would apply to compete with their own teams. This year we are trying
something different. Our theme with this project is creating bridges
between people and communities. Instead of registering as a group,
individual participants will be matched up to form hybrid teams. Teams will
meet at the Launch Party in June, and then reconvene June 28 to start
building!

Each team receives a project budget and 24-hour access to a fully-equipped
maker space. All meals, along with drinks and snacks, are provided
throughout the competition weekend. This project is primarily about making,
collaborating with new people, and having fun, but there also is a
significant cash prize (because everything is more fun with prizes).

All projects will be revealed to the public at Oakland's First Friday on
July 6th.

thanks!
kate
```

If interested, email her at hellokate228 at gmail.com . She said that there
are about 4 spots open for Noisebridgers, but also said she could be
flexible with that. (I have dibs on one)