[Noisebridge-announce] Free Intellectual Property Event For Startups

Ruth Grace Wong ruthgracewong at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:48:02 UTC 2018

Hi Noisebridge,

Lisa from The Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property wanted me to
help share this event with our community. It's a free event for startups /
entrepreneurs with IP (everything from logos to databases of contacts) to
learn about IP protection strategy.

Hope it might be useful for some, plus it's free. John Cabeca, The Director
of the Silicon Valley United States Patent and Trademark Office is one of
their panelists.

Ruth

   - *Nonprofit Event free & open to the public): *Hacking IP:
      Considerations for Startups & Entrepreneurs (details below)
         - Cohosted by The Michelson Institute for Intellectual Property
         <http://michelsonip.com/> & Babson College in San Francisco CA
      - *Date*: Nov. 15th, 2018 (6:00-8:30pm)
      - *Location*: Babson College, SF
      - *EventBrite RSVP Link: *
      https://www.eventbrite.com/e/date-pending-san-francisco-hacking-ip-considerations-for-early-stage-ventures-startups-entrepreneurs-tickets-50756163050?aff=Noisebridge

*About the Event*

* Hacking IP: Considerations for Startups & Entrepreneurs *

Every business has a name, a logo, a website, a database of contacts and
more, therefore, every business has intellectual property (IP). In
today’s digital economy these intangible assets are integral to the
survival and success of a business. But how much do our entrepreneurs know
about IP? And more importantly, how much do they know about protecting
their IP to support long term competitive advantages? Now, more than ever,
a poorly formulated IP strategy poses great threats to our innovation
economy. Join us for a high leverage session focused on the real world
application of IP topics that can support independent inventors and
entrepreneurs and learn how your IP assets can help you compete more
effectively in the marketplace.

*Agenda*

6:00pm | Doors Open for Registration

6:30pm - 6:45pm | Networking & Reception

6:45pm - 8:00pm | All-Star Panel (Coming Soon!)

8:00pm - 8:30pm | Closing Reception

*Confirmed Panelists: *
*• John Cabeca,* Director of the Silicon Valley United States Patent and
Trademark Office (USPTO)
• *Aldo Carrascoso,* Co-Founder and CEO of Venn Biosciences .
• *Deborah Kang,* Director of Startup at Berkeley
*• Note:* One more panelist is pending confirmation