[Noisebridge-discuss] Introduction

Jens Ohlig jens.ohlig at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:10:23 UTC 2007

Hallo,

I just subscribed to your list and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jens
Ohlig of the CCC in Germany. You may know my name from the list of Hacker
Space Design Patterns linked from your wiki which I started.

While I won't be able to attend any meetings in SF as I live and work in
Europe, I have more than 10 years of experience in building hacker spaces (I
was involved with starting the CCC in Cologne and the Netzladen in Bonn and,
being friends with Tina, Angelo, and Enki in Vienna, followed the building
of the Metalab from the earliest beginning). If you think it's appropriate I
could share some of the lessons we learned over here with you.

Let me just say that I'm overwhelmed with the energy you guys are showing .
The Noisebridge project so far looks exciting and awesome and I'm absolutely
looking forward to visiting a wonderful space in the near future (I'm
planning to make a trip to the USA next summer at the moment and a visit to
Noisebridge would be on my list then).

Anyway, thanks for the great job you guys are doing.

Regards,

Jens