[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting this Tuesday -- Chinese torch thing

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 03:11:43 UTC 2008

> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:06:04 -0700
> From: albill at arcanology.com
> To: maltman23 at hotmail.com
> CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting this Tuesday
>
> Mitch Altman wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to have a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) to do what we can to
> > complete the Bylaws as much as possible.  The main thing left is to
> > discuss the difference between "members" (what everyone in the group
> > is when they want to be a member of Noisebridge) and "Members" (the
> > legal definition for the state) -- we need to come up with language so
> > that these jive with our group and the state.
> >
> > We can do IRC and/or phone conferencing for people out of town.
> >
> > Rachel earlier offered to have it at her place.  You up for it Rachel?
> >
> > I'll be getting there late, after my book group.
>
> Stay away from Civic Center if you're coming through town. There should
> be a bit anti-Chine (Pro-Tibet) protest.
>
> Al

For anyone interested, here's what's going on:

Tuesday, April 8

FREEDOM TORCH CEREMONY

Tuesday, April 8, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

United Nations Plaza

Market and Hyde Streets, San Francisco [map]

Send to a friend
Print

Tibetan Freedom Torch Ceremony features a march and rally (rain
or shine) in support of Tibet's struggle for human rights.

10 a.m. Meet at UN Plaza

11 a.m. Press Conference & Torch Ceremony

12 p.m. Rally

1 p.m. March to SF City Hall

1:15 p.m. Rally at the SF City Hall

1:45 p.m. March to Chinese Consulate

2:15 p.m. Protest and speeches at the Chinese Consulate

3:15 p.m. March back to UN Plaza

4:00 p.m. End of Torch Ceremony

CANDLELIGHT VIGIL FOR HUMAN
RIGHTS

Tuesday, April 8, 6:00 p.m.

United Nations Plaza

Market and Hyde Streets, San Francisco [map]

Send to a friend
Print

Join
Richard Gere, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Tibetan leaders and other
special guests for a historic rally and candlelight vigil in
support of the Tibetan people and their struggle for basic human
rights. As China prepares to host the Olympics in August, the
government is conducting the worst crackdown in Tibet since the
1960s Cultural Revolution.

Come show your support for the Tibetan and Chinese people on the
eve of the Beijing Olympic torch passing through San Francisco.
The evening begins with speeches, music and performances and
will conclude with a candlelight Vigil at 8 p.m.

They stopped the torch thing entirely in Paris yesterday.

Mitch.