[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge downtime

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Aug 15 23:12:41 UTC 2008

Jake and I are in the process of moving the noisebridge wiki+Mailman
server from its current home (which is going away next month) to a new
temporary home.  The wiki and mailing lists will be unavailable for
about an hour today or tomorrow (depending on when all the necessary
steps have been taken), and DNS records may take a day or so to settle
down.

Hopefully this will, among other things, resolve some of the server
instability issues we've been having.

There should not be any data loss as a result of this -- we are keeping
a copy of the original state until we know the server is happy in its
new location, so at the very worst we can simply roll back.  Mail will
queue during the outage, and the wiki will be unavailable, so unless you
happen to be editing just as we shut down, everything will tranfser.

-andy