[Noisebridge-discuss] meeting tonight: dinner?

mindwarp at sdf.lonestar.org mindwarp at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Aug 12 23:33:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> Anyone want to grab a bite before the meeting, somewhere near People's Cafe?
> Anyone have a suggestion for somewhere nearby to eat?
> I can get there around 7:30 or so.

Hey, Rachel. If you're into chinese, "Great China" is at 2115 Kittredge
Street, corner of Shattuck Avenue; it's one of my very favorite chinese
restaurants. I'd be up for a bite there at 7:30, but am also open to other
suggestions. One alternative might be Plearn Thai on University Avenue;
good thai food, but not as good as Great China is for chinese... Its main
advantage might be that it's not as popular, but on a Tuesday night it
shouldn't be a big issue anyway.

At any rate, there are several other decent places around there, so if
our first choice doesn't work out we should still be able to avert death
by starvation. For examples, see Yelp under Berkeley/Restaurants,
Neighborhoods "UC Campus Area" and "Downtown Berkeley".

~mw