[Noisebridge-discuss] consensus needed on Hologlyphics project

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Dec 3 08:38:28 UTC 2008

If you have no opinion on the Hologlyphics project you can safely ignore
this email.  I'm sending it to let people who were not at the meeting
tonight know about a decision they may wish to be involved in.

At tonight's meeting, we discussed the question of whether Noisebridge
should sign a letter of intent with Walter Funk to apply for a grant for
his Hologlyphics project.  (For details of the project, search the wiki
and/or list archives.)

It was the consensus of the meeting that we could not commit to signing
a letter of intent without reading the letter first.  As Walter's
deadline for the letter is tomorrow, the following plan for reaching
consensus was agreed to:

1. Walter has committed to writing a proposed letter of intent and
sending it to this list by around 9 AM PST Wed Dec 3.

2. We at Noisebridge have committed to blocking signing, if we want to
block signing, no later than 12 PM PST Wed Dec 3.  After that time,
there are several Noisebridge members who are willing to commit to
signing the letter of intent, assuming it is satisfactory to them.

If you are against Noisebridge signing the letter of intent, which means
committing to the content of the letter, please email the list before
noon tomorrow to register your objection.  If even one person blocks, we
do not have consensus, and the project cannot go forward.  But we need
to know this before noon.

Of course, further discussion on list or on IRC can continue!

Rachel