[Noisebridge-discuss] USB protocol analyzer?

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Fri Dec 5 20:46:28 UTC 2008

Hi, I'm working on a microcontroller project that will be open-source.
I have a protocol problem that I've narrowed down to an issue between
the hardware-accelerated USB logic in my at90usb device and the host.  I
am hoping some member has access to a USB protocol analyzer that I can
use to diagnose the issue.  It is a simple full (not high) speed device
and the accesses are just control transfers.

I've already seen that the ioctl gets properly sent from the Windows
host side using UsbSnoop and verified that I never get the setup packet
for the request on the microcontroller side.  So I don't think I can do
more without seeing what's happening on the wire.

If no one has a USB LA, I guess I can write software to decode a scope
trace dump but that would be a lot of work for what is probably a simple
timing issue.

Thanks,
--
Nate