[Noisebridge-discuss] Need DNS expertise

Scott Murray shm at alignedleft.com
Tue Dec 23 01:11:05 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

I am looking into doing a project that would map the contents of the
Domain Name System.  Does anyone on the list have any experience
working with DNS?  Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to get a
file containing all the top-level domains, domain names (e.g.
google.com), and some subdomains (e.g. mail.google.com).  Can I just
copy this data off an existing DNS server someplace?  Do I need to set
up my own "trusted" server to get this info?

	Thanks,
	Scott