[Noisebridge-discuss] Misc bits

Michael Kan Kan michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 21:32:00 UTC 2008

 I had returned from the east bay and my trip to my friend's land to
get the small child's logic analyzer and brought it to Noisebridge.
 However Ken said that he is still interested in the small logic analyzer
for his field use. H offered to exchange it for a somewhat larger HP that
is also a dual channel 100 Mhz digital oscilloscope and logic analyzer,
but was missing its flying lead sets thus making it less than usefull.
 He said that he will locate the lead sets and clips and exchange the
baby logic analyzer for the the larger but more capable scope/logic analyzer.

 When I arrived Monday Nov 1 at 12:30 AM, I found that video projector
on the table and Stean and I decided to test it.
 It turned out that the arc lamp was burned out and Stean said that its
replacement would cost more than the value of the existing projector.
 He then elected to scrap the single plate projector since those are
general low resolution and quite dim. A later investigation of the
LCD turned out that it is 640 by 480 pixels making it of less than
utility for most computer uses.

 Stean seem to be interested in the lenses and took the honor of removing
them from the LCD assembly which I had removed from the projector
body. He said that he would place them in his shelf in upstairs.

 I had placed the lenses in the aluminum shell so as to protect them
from scratches.

 Later that morning I came to Noisebridge and found them still in the
main table and had asked Stean why he had not claimed and placed the
lenses in his shelf. He said that he was not so really that interested
in claiming them as his own and released them to me.

 I have plans to make magnifiers with stands for all nonexclusive uses
by all members who are far sighted to use in the space.
 Will be mounting the lenses in stands/arms and placing then in the
shop.

 I am farsighted and do not want to carry my heavy solid lens on stand.

 Daniela approached me for the lenses to use in her own art project
and said that she wanted to also cut up the lenses thus destroying
their general utility.

 I had to block her desire for the lenses because I wanted them to
be of utility to Noisebridge members.

 Hope that this clears up any mis understandings.

 Mike Kan