[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Mystery package? (Dogs Blood Rising reference?)

Arram Sabeti arramsabeti at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:11:45 UTC 2008

The view you present is an interesting one, and I can not be certain that
the flaw I perceive in your reasoning is sincere, or considering your famous
demagogic powers, knowingly woven.

Though I may during my natural life create structures (as that rascal Jesus
did through Peter the rock) that continue to enact what may have been my
volition had I continued existence, it would hardly matter to me for I would
have no experience of it. Volition has virtue in that in brings about those
things which are pleasant and good to the senses.

Whether or not you subscribe to the notion of Qualia (I must admit this to
be the weakest point in my own monist beliefs despite having sympathy for
Dennett) I think we may both agree that the occurrence of events which you
might otherwise find agreeable is really quite irrelevant if you never come
to have knowledge of them. This is well summarized in the famous quote by
Woody Allen: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to
achieve it by not dying."

These objections would apply to Eris' method of immortality as well.

In Sincere Admiration,
Arram Sabeti

These same objections would apply to Eris' method of immortality as well.